The MV Britannic was a transatlantic ocean liner of the White Star Line and the company's third ship to bear that name. Constructed by Harland and Wolff in Belfast, the ship was delivered to White Star Line in 1930 and assigned to the Liverpool-New York line. When White Star Line merged with Cunard Line in 1934, the ship's route changed to the London-New York line, and it later provided winter Mediterranean cruises.
During World War II it was used to transport troops, carrying 173,550 people.
Resuming commercial service in 1948 after being overhauled, the ship experienced a number of problems in the 1950s, including two fires. However this diesel-powered ship's career continued until 1960, when it was sold for scrap. The Britannic was the last ship constructed for White Star Line to remain in service
Offset, 29.5 x 19.5 inches
This poster is conservation backed on acid-free paper and canvas.
Original Vintage posters are rare and availability is subject to prior sale.